LAUGH YOURSELF HAPPY
“Laugh Yourself Happy”
“Laugh Yourself Happy” is based around the laughter yoga model.
Laugh Yourself Happy has been adapted to maximise the accessibility and benefits for all ages and abilities as well as overcome communication and disability barriers.
What is laughing yoga ?
Laughing yoga was started by a medical doctor Dr. Madan Kataria supported by his wife, Madhuri Kataria, a yoga teacher, from India with just five people in a Mumbai Park in 1995. There are now thousands of Laughter Clubs in more than 100 countries.
The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter if done with willingness.
Laughter Yoga changes your mood within minutes by releasing chemicals from your brain cells like endorphin which remain in your system for 24hours.
A person gets the same health benefits, whether laughter is real or simulated.
Anyone can laugh for no reason without relying on humour, jokes or comedy
The only criteria is being able to smile, laugh or show amusement
Its an exercise that can be done on your own or with your friends at minimal expense.
All you need is yourself and a suitable venue. This is also very versatile as provided it is somewhere people can congregate where passers by will not object to some very loud laughing it can also be a good source of entertainment at anytime !
Laugh yourself happy sessions will:
- Improve your general health and wellbeing
- Burn calories ( 100 laughs burn 149 calories or over)
- Have fun
- Improve your memory and quality of your sleep
- Strengthen your immune system
- Burn calories and raise pain tolerance levels
- Boost your self-esteem and confidence
- Can change your mood within minutes by releasing endorphins from your brain cells
- Provide you with opportunity to meet other people
through laughter yoga clubs, events, bespoke sessions, children parties and school activities.
- Increase positivity and productivity
- Improve morale within a team
- Strengthen working relationships
- Reduce levels of stress
- Improve the overall health and well-being of staff
- Boost self-esteem and confidence
through workshop and “laugh yourself happy “ team building sessions
Prices vary according to the session so for more details please contact us:
Tel 07905 866080
or visit our ” Laugh Yourself Happy ” website by clicking on the link below http://www.laughteryoganottingham.co.uk/