Transforming the experience of ageing
Tomorrows Together delivers a variety of services to raise awareness for anyone who wants to know more about the issues facing older people. This can include bespoke training courses and workshops to cover dementia friendly housing/businesses /communities.
Tomorrows Together Consultancy is a social enterprise (CIC) covering the East Midlands.
Our vision is to transform the experience of getting older in the UK by working together to improve the health and well being of our ageing population.
We recognise that the ageing population will have an impact on everyone in our society. Our aim is to maximise an older person’s ability to sustain their independence, make informed choices, live in their own homes and contribute to their local community.
- The UK population is ageing with a 3rd of people aged 50 or over.
- Predictions are that by 2040 one in four people will be aged 65.
- There are over 850,000 people with dementia in the UK, of which 17,000 are under the age of 65
- Every 3 minutes someone is diagnosed with dementia
- Predictions are that by 2020 people diagnosed with dementia will more than double
- Dementia has now been identified as the main cause of death in the UK
Changes affecting your service provision and businesses
- The governments ageing population agenda will potentially create commissioning and localised funding opportunities for all sectors.
- The implementation of new ways of working and changes in the way services are delivered and integrated at a community level